About Me

I'm married to a sweet and wonderful guy. Finally finished college but can't seem to find a job in a lab, I'm a Microbiology major. Hope to get a good job and be able to start a family. I love to craft, especially with paper products. I've recently started an etsy store, dreamer633.etsy.com. I like to try new products and techniques.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

By the Number ATCS



I joined JeanP's by the number ATC swap on the cricut board. Each person chose a number between 1-25 and then were assigned a theme based on that number. My themes were innocence, patriotic, playing the melody and bon voyage. I had a hard time at first coming up with my ideas. I never like to do the expected, although sometimes I do (lol). When I think of innocence I think of sweet children and cute animals but that was too generic so I googled innocence images to see what would come up, nothing. Then I googled the word innocence and found the song, "Innocence" by Averil Lavigne. I think of pink as an innocent color so the concept for my "Innocence" ATC was born. I used pink background paper with music notes and added an image of Avril Lavigne with the chorus from her song. I also added pink, frilly ribbon to her image and 3 small pink pearls.

I decided to find songs for all of my themes after I did Innocence so for Patriotic I used the song "Angel Flight" by Radney Foster for my inspiration. This song is in tribute to all members of the US military, especially those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. If you haven't listened to it I would look it up on youtube, it will bring you to tears. I printed a photo image of a C-130, the types of planes used and popped it up on a background of white feathers. I added a tag at the bottom "Angel Flight" held on by blue brads. At the top I adhered a silver dog tag with the word Remember written on it. The background paper is some patriotic paper I found that has the statue of liberty, let freedom ring, flags, etc on it.

For playing the melody I decided to use the song "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band. I found an image online of the devil laying the golden fiddle at Johnny's feet and thought it was perfect. The background paper is orange with smoky gray tendrils throughout. I added a popped sticker of a fiddle and bow to complete the look.

For Bon Voyage, I again went outside the box. I know that "bon voyage" is french for good journey, my friend (meant to be a long journey) but I didn't want to do anything travel related. I found the song, "The Long Goodbye" by Brooks and Dunn and decided this would work. I wanted to emphasize the broken heart and the distance between 2 people who fall out of a relationship. The background paper is from DCWV photo stack, featuring raindrops but I thought it could also be tears. I added a broken heart image from the Indie Art cart and placed over all alpha beads spelling out "Au revoir mon ami" which is french for goodbye my friend.

This was fun but challenging! I can't wait to see everyone elses ATCs!

2 comments:

  1. Shellie,
    These are amazing! I can't wait to see them in person! I love the thought process behind them.
    Col

    ReplyDelete

Followers