About Me

I'm married to a sweet and wonderful guy. Finally finished college but can't seem to find a job in a lab, I'm a Microbiology major. Hope to get a good job and be able to start a family. I love to craft, especially with paper products. I've recently started an etsy store, dreamer633.etsy.com. I like to try new products and techniques.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

2nd Butterfly ATC


This is the ATC for my butterfly group B on the cricut MB. I did the butterflies like I did the chili peppers on the christmas card below. But this time the colors I used were raspberry, pool, stream, and wild plum. Each ATC is unique but the same, but I didn't want to show all of them so here is an example. You can't really tell from the picture but these are really like a mini framed picture. There is the butterflies on acetate and framing the acetate is light pink and dark purple cardstock. I used foam dimensional adhesive to give the appearance of a true frame. I thought they needed something more so I added colored and shaped rhinesones. 2 diagonal corners have 3 different flower rhinestones in matching shades, I varied the color on the ATCS, this was is lavendar and clear. Then to tie the rhinestones with the butterflies I added two mini rhinestone butterflies, again the colors are varied on the ATCs but in the example they are pink and blue. The background cardstock behind the acetate is a soft raspberry pink. Hope you guys like this, it took me a lot of work to make the frames. I used my gypsy but I'm still not very good with it, although I've had it for a while. I used gypsy wanderings and just used a basic postage stamp cut and put in a rectangle in the center to produce the frame, it was an interesting experiment! Oh, and by the way I've decided to call this ATC "Kaleidoscope Butterflies"!

4 comments:

Followers