About Me

I'm married to a sweet and wonderful guy. Finally finished college but can't seem to find a job in a lab, I'm a Microbiology major. Hope to get a good job and be able to start a family. I love to craft, especially with paper products. I've recently started an etsy store, dreamer633.etsy.com. I like to try new products and techniques.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

LSS Card Swap

Every 2 weeks my local scrapbook store (LSS) hosts a card swap. We are given certain items we have to use or a theme or a combo of both. For this swap we had to use some paper from Best Creation. There were a lot to choose from but I chose this really pretty, summery paper which featured large pink, green and orange flowers with blue and purple accents. The flowers have glitter and some swiss dot embossing, just gorgeous paper!




I cut out some A2 sized card fronts from the paper, then I stamped {Friends} on a coordinating piece of green cardstock. I adhered the card front to some coordinating pink cardstock. On the inside of the card is a stamped saying that reads "friends are the family you pick yourself". The stamps are from Limited Edition, I got them at Big Lots for only $1!

For the swaps, each time we have to make 6 A2 sized cards without envelopes. I usually make 7 or 8 because we don't get back one of our own and I like to keep one as a prototype for future cards. I love doing these card swaps for 2 reasons, its local so no shipping! and I have received some really gorgeous cards. I'll post some pics in a week or so when I receive the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers